Friday, October 15, 2010

Food woes...













Each meal is an adventure...half-way through it our girl spits out whatever is in her mouth, even though she's not full. She's bored. Tony is her daddy after all. So we do acrobatics, I stand on my head and then she chews, swallows, and smiles. However, each millisecond I turn away from her she pinches my arm. Hard. Good piano fingers. So I back up, feeding her at arm's length... She also loves to extract food bitlets from her mouth and squish them between her chubby fingers...before dropping them of course. She's even more bored now. And if I try to pick them up off the floor, she yanks my hair even though I'm on my belly trying to stay away from her lethal talons. At the end of the meal (or my patience, whichever comes first) I let her down and where does she go? Right to all those yummies she threw down & devours them happily. That's it. Next meal will be served on the floor to the stinkin' cute baby.

3 comments:

Shawn and Cami and Max and Annie said...

Sounds like you need to sit a little further away.

jamie t. said...

Its hard to get frustrated when they are so stinkin' cute!

jeffandbecca said...

I cracked up reading your daily food woes. It sounds all too familiar....that is why they are so CUTE. When our first child was in that stage we had a carpeted kitchen floor. Who would put carpet in a kitchen with a baby, not a good idea.