Sunday, July 6, 2014

 The big 3 on June 13!! Without the boys here, b-days with the littles have been pretty low-key each yr until they come back and then we throw the official bash. This yr was pretty awesome though...
That is his new best friend, mr. ikea train. After seeing that he was ready to live at anyone's house that had a train set I decided it was a good long-term toy :)
The glasses--he wanted Ari's all the time so it was time for his own--gotta love those sensitive baby blues
So…I thought I bought the figure 8 kit and then one more kit with extra pieces…nope…so it didn't connect! Luckily G'ma Debby sent some money in the mail so now the train can return home without backing up :)
 
The $1 foam airplane that lasted all of 1 hour--but what a blissful hour!
Festivities of the birth-day...
Thanks to a Christmas gift card we hadn't used yet to Outback we decided we'd really do something out-of-the-ordinary and go out to eat with the littles, go see the Lego movie at the cheap theater AND go to our favorite serve-yourself frozen yogurt. What a celebration!!! It was so fun!

This dude:
-loves to draw. like, he takes his little drawing boards (plural) to bed with him instead of stuffed animals and carries them with him EVERYWHERE.
-still, whenever someone enters the room they get a huge Hiiiiiiii in an adorable sing-song voice. I feel sooo much love from this little guy
-he has a strong moral compass & is incredibly obedient for a 3 yr-old. I keep crossing my fingers that it's not a phase and he's not doing it just to people-please, but instead he does it because he's just THAT intrinsically motivated to do what's right!! :) 
-that said, there is still plenty of back-bone when it comes down to something he wants (sounds a LOT like his daddy-o ;)
-He sings…his own songs, hymns, children's songs, 'let it go'…whatever he's in the mood for! Also, he's big into sound effects and stories. I tell ya, we may just have Tony #2 in-the-making...
-When he falls asleep, say, in the car, he's GONE for a solid 20-30 minutes, no matter what. One time I took him out of his carseat, got Ari from preschool, put him back in, took him out to go into the store, put him asleep in the cart and then did my shopping until he finally woke up as we were heading out to the car. I've never had a child that I could transfer--wow! Interestingly, he's always put himself to sleep and woke up until he was tired again and put himself back to sleep--during the day that is…he's definitely been the easiest sleeper we've had. 
-he's a great eater too, lately he's started getting upset with me if I don't give him enough salad on his plate…uh…yeah, I can do that…

Love you little dude!

No comments: