Sunday, April 10, 2011

Conference Weekend

I love conference. I get so much out of it every time...even with kids yammering & having 'needs' it's something I look forward to & totally 'need' myself!! At the beginning of the first session we were a lovely family, sitting upright, writing notes, & eating munchies politely (Jaydon told me he loves conference, that it's his favorite church holiday...We celebrate with FOOD you see :) Greek/hummus dip n' chips, new recipe of homemade berry ice-cream--using only a little agave to sweeten--, cuties/tangerines, carrots, honey pretzels & jelly beans). By session four, we looked like this (Ari was blessedly sleeping for a bit):
However, overall the boys were so good. This was the first time they didn't need a break from listening for any of the sessions. Amazing. And thanks to a generous friend we printed off this beauty in an 8x10 to write each apostle's topic in each of the boxes to hang until next conference. The idea is that we'll choose from these talks for our new FHE goal to do a lesson from the prophet's words once each month.

1 comment:

Chantal said...

What a great way to reinforce latter-day scripture! I love it! I read your comments out loud to Dad and Devin and it brought back a lot of good memories. . . Your family is a lucky/blessed bunch.