Thursday, September 6, 2012

September already, hmmm...

I've tried to post so many times in the last month when I actually started typing I thought, "hurry, self...start quick before a baby wakes up, the phone rings, you think of something else you really should be doing instead, the doorbell chimes, the house internally combusts, etc ..." Interestingly, I've noticed many of my friend/family bloggers seem to be in the same predicament. this summer must have done something to all of us...

First backtracking is my nearly month-long Idaho trip. I have a friend who recently moved into our ward here in Indiana and she is from Rexburg (we didn't know each other previously, but our parents do!)!! When she offered me a ride allll the way home in her van, I was like, "really?" She was a gem to put up  with my 2 kiddos along with her 3. It was a par-tay. Actually, the kids really did a great job and we're so grateful, thanks Nancy!!

First adventure: bath in Nana & Papa's jetted tub (negatory on the jets for these littles). 
First shot: sleepy Ari. Come on guys, just one more.
 Second shot: hmmm...maybe we should have stopped with the first shot mr-pop-up-as-soon-as-the-camera-snapped-the-picture. Good thing this isn't being posted to the world wide web. Oh, wait. Whatever...this'll be ancient news by the time he's old enough to care.
 I forget how much the Cobia men can eat. Serving ONE out of who-knows-how-many for my Dad, and yes, there's Devin's mixing bowl salad. Sheesh am I glad I don't pay for their full bellies each month...
 Aunt Sarin, aka the new mommy! 2 week-old Noelle & her Mommy & Daddy came to see us while we were there, but due to some sickness from my kiddos this is pretty much the only close picture we got with her...she spent some quarantined time in the front room away from us, which was probably good since they're all still getting to know each other. So bitter-sweet!
 Ari pushing Rhett around "The Crossroads" which is slick 'new' eatery at BYU-I (my first time eating there)
 The lunch crew...Devin still attends there, & my Mom now works at the....
 Uncle Spency, Aunt Meggie & cousin Sienna also came up to see us and fabulous news, they're expecting baby #2! Megan was a great sport since she wasn't feeling too well.
 Oh, look, the 5 seconds before all-out chaos broke out...seriously, are these kids related? Look at that skin tone difference!
 Poor Ari, decided this trip was a good time to contract Roseola...and then give it to Rhett...
 Cute little tyke, didn't know what was coming...
Uncle Spence letting me eat, she loves him to pieces!
  In the true spirit of Cobia-hood...food pictures at Craigo's. Tradition.
 The boys were with their Dad for the summer but seriously happened to be visiting Idaho the same time we were there! So, we spent a Sunday afternoon/evening with them & all family came over to say howdy & eat some deliciousness of course.
One of my absolute favorite parts of the trip, and one of the things I miss the most about being here...singing with the sibs while Mum plays and Dad listens (or sings). We grew up doing this almost every Sunday together. Picking out harmonies, blending, trying new songs, feeling the Spirit...Lots of really good memories. As time went on Sarin really developed her piano skills in many different areas (jazz, organ from Darwin Wolfard, classical, Broadway--pretty much anything you care to throw at her), while Spencer, Devin & I all did some pretty serious singing (Spencer & Devin have been in Men's Choir together & at different times have been in Collegiate--the elite choir at BYU-I--did you see Devin on your TV last General Conference?). In fact, Spencer & I both got to sing with Devin & a big group of his Collegiate singer friends in 2 different wards on 1 Sunday, back-to-back. It was awesome to sing with such powerfully-great-in-a-spiritual-kind-of-way singers!! :) 

1 comment:

Chantal said...

I love this family, too. So fun to see the picts and reminisce.