Sunday, April 7, 2013

Easter.

 
 Eh, it's an 'ok' vignette, but since thrift is the name of the game & I only paid $5 for the window frame (outdated flowers pictures had to go, painted white, distressed a bit--voila), I'd say it's good enough for this year :)
 The 'Pagan' side
 The 'Real Easter' side

We invited a few friends over....then a few few more last-minute, but they didn't come after all, so it was what was planned for. With my rusty 'meat-making' skills, I attempted a chuck roast in my new roaster and well, it's going back to the store--the roaster that is, though I would take the roast too if they'd let me. As one guest said (I gave him permission & encouragement), "it's a little tough..."Fortunately, the $5, already cooked rotisserie chicken was stellar. We also had a boatload of potatoes, carrots, green salad & fruit tray (thanks Ginny). AND, Carrot Cake, CCK style found here. I made it last year, but wanted to try again since it was a bit dry the first go-around. As I was honest about the roast, I'll be honest about the cake--it was great! So moist, great frosting and a 110% competitor with the most 'unhealthy' of Carrot Cakes :) 

Since our camera is currently uncooperative, there are no other Easter pictures, but we did have a little egg hunt (with agave gummy bears, who knew?) the day before & luckily we have another video device so we got the littles running around with utter glee upon their adorable faces. We also talked about the last week of Christ's life with the boys which is great because the older they get, the more we can discuss. 


Here they be (the pictures...May 5th the pics are inserted!)


poor guy...don't worry...from the future I'm telling you you're about to get a lot better...
And a little pizza on the tramp to go along with the celebratory nature of the day...

Conference was fabulous. We all love it so much and it feeds our soul each and every time...along with our tummies since we had: pumpkin choco chip muffins, fruit dip w/ oat honey pretzels, pb cookies & flax crackers. Not only that, but I found a new thing on Pinterest (new to me at least) to better keep track of my conference notes. I made a couple little ones for the people I visit-teach and one for myself and it worked great! I plan to use it each conference and it will be easier to refer back to them! Hooray!!

I have to point out that this picture/postcard is from one of the elders in the area who was transferred & then sent this to us. It said some kind things and it is so funny.
I have a cork board I use to post school notices and the like that could not hold anything else due to these love notes--isn't that a great problem to have? So, I saved a few, left a couple up & took this picture of the rest to have the memory forever-more.
A visit from mr. pink eye. Thanks to Colloidal Silver, he didn't stay long.
Empty out the toaster & the Vitamix and hang out. What could be more fun?
Rhett learned to 'cheese'
A little couch lovin'...never have too many of those kind of pics!

No comments: