Thursday, October 8, 2015

3 cheers for family!

The previous renters couldn't be out of our 'new' house for nearly 3 weeks so Spencie & Meagan to the rescuuuueeee!! All 10 of us stayed in their 3 bedroom apartment and got reeel cozy. We are so grateful to them and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves!
With plenty of time on our hands we just found fun places to hang out together...
 yeah for Aunt Meagan...she's from around here originally and took us on a few lovely hikes

The wait was certainly worth it...our new ward moved us in wonderfully well and we settled right in to our bright, light & big (to us!!) house. And look at that view! It was a miracle all of its own...I couldn't find anything within a reasonable price range (we were soo spoiled in Indiana, our rent was $750 for a 3 bed, 2 bath on 1/2 acre). As the time to move crept ever closer and nothing was working out, I started panicking a bit. About a week before we were to move I saw this house posted on KSL and it was cheaper than anything else I'd found for even a 3 bed (this one is 4bed 3 bath!). I called immediately and Meagan dropped everything and ran over that night to take a video of it for us. I had a nice chat with the current renter on the phone and we bonded over the midwest (she used to live in Iowa). I found out 30 people came to look at it that first day it was posted and 7 were ready to rent it on the spot. I kept calling the landlord and finally got through. Within 5 minutes of him asking me questions he said we could have it! The day we moved in I told him I was absolutely stunned that he gave it to us, someone he never met, from Indiana...he told us after doing this for so long (he has 20 houses in the area) the Spirit tells him pretty quick and he felt we would be good. What a humongous blessing, and a wonderful way to end the housing saga. It's clean, we can drink the water, we have wonderful neighbors and it's only 5 minutes from Spencer & Meagan!!!
 Discovering the new yard's treasures
Hmmm...should we get the screen fixed? It's a pretty cute nose hole...
 Love from my littles
 A little cousin time
And this is just to document an 'Ari'...after learning to do her own hair in a ponytail, she now puts hair elastics on EVERYTHING...even garbage...
Jyson's choir concert...that's a lot of boys!
Eating lunch on the deck

No comments: