Thursday, October 8, 2015

On the road

I just don't want to forget...

-Ginny showing up late at night to drop stuff off for my garage sale and then staying for a few hours to help organize, sort and keep me company 
-The 10+ friends who came and literally packed up my entire kitchen, living room, bathrooms & storage room (Diana & Chandra who carried up 20-30 jugs of emergency water & then dumped them out)
-Sharon's Indian dish for us the night we moved and the caramel popcorn the day we pulled out (both are favorites of mine and she knows it!) AND she picked up the treats for the moving crew from the store for me because I hadn't yet gotten to it
-The sister missionaries who helped me clean the emptied, lonely house 
-The Davis' who helped us in a multitude of ways those last few days--the truest neighbors we've ever had!
-The Averill's, who insisted it was 'no problem' to sell a couple items for us that hadn't yet sold
-Brother Keplinger who lugged up bucket after bucket of food storage up and out of our scary basement & Sister Keplinger & Davis who cleaned out my chest freezer that unexpectedly had berry 'goo' all over the bottom of it.
- Brooke's help, taking a last load to Goodwill & her prayer with/over me
-This moving crew (the picture is only part of who showed up)...nothing says 'I Love You' like moving a family in the ward for the 5th time in 6 years...so sorry friends, truly we are...!

I had to go pick up the boys from the Indy airport late Tues night and originally Tony was going to follow close behind in the moving truck. However, we just weren't quite done with the last of everything so he did that and stayed one last night at the house. Due to that, I traveled that first day (of 3) all by myself with all the kiddos...a feat for me since I have a hard time driving long distances...and we had no radio/music or phone (for some reason my travel cell just wouldn't work). I was grateful to be reunited with my Tony-man the next day (especially after finding out we were driving AWAY from the tornado/severe storm warnings)
Good-bye Indiana, we love you!!!
The best part of any road trip :) 

Well, other than arriving at your destination of course... 

No comments: