Saturday, October 25, 2008

Fall is in the air, and here is the evidence to prove it...















Here we are, the happy family at the Central Elementary School school carnival. Tony was able to see and reminisce with so many of his old high school chums (& their wives & kids :) from 13 years ago! Who knew so many of them were still around sweet lil' Sugar City?? While he chatted, I waited in lines with the boys for the awesome games (they love them truly!), and my night was certainly complete when I was able to satisfy my once-a-year-craving for the orange rolls made by the school--yum! The best part? Tony doesn't like them, and the boys had enough sugar to keep them happy. I had them all to myself, pure bliss!














And here we see our garden after the first freeze of the year--good bye until next summer (kind of a blessing since it was so cold for so long this year, nothing grew for forever! And then after we got married & moved next door it was pretty much a thing of the past after that)!















Here is my pirate pumpkin carver Jaydon & my oh-so-docile-for-the-picture-Jyson. The rest of this story is that about a week after we put the pumpkin outside it started collapsing on itself (the frequent temp changes from warm to cold, I guess?) & looking pretty pathetic, but I didn't want to throw it away for fear the boys would be sad. Lo and behold I came home one day & it was on the ground, totally smashed in (we live on the top floor of a duplex). Tony immediately surmised that it was probably a little boy who threw it over the railing from our deck, & he even pointed to the one he thought it was. Jaydon guiltily owned up to it, leaving me to shake my
head in wonder---oy!!!!!! Needless to say, he got to clean up the deliciously squishy pumpkin...















This is our very fall-ish view from out our front door, right after the grain field has been tilled under, now prepared for the winter. And can you spy the thing we love the most about our view? (especially when the grain is still green & it's a stormy day, or at night when it's all lit up...)? It blends in pretty well, but I'll give you hint...it's where we got married :)




















And here we see the boys, ready for one of their favorite manly fall activities--loading up coal with Papa (my Dad)! Oh boy, they came home so black this last time, with racoon eyes to complete the ensemble. I even found it in their ears--grodie! Then when my Dad unloads at his house they play in their "tree house" (a.k.a. a tree with branches that cover them) for hours. My Dad goes about 4 different times to get enough coal to last through the winter, and they really think it's just the greatest thing ever. Simultaneously it blesses my life by giving me a chance to clean the house & bask in its beauty for at least the hours they are gone

And here we have the "fruit" of our labors from this year. We just do canned peaches & dried pears, but eventually, when I'm all grown up I'd like to do tomatoes, salsa, ground beef, carrots, & beans. And yes, I do believe my dreams can come true!!!!!!!!!!! Dream #1 : Prince Charming enter my life & marry me--check check!! Dream #2 : be able to do more canned goods...

6 comments:

jamie t. said...

Wow you guys have been busy! It looks like too much fun. I am jealous about your canning. Will you teach me someday? Your boys are getting big. Boy does time fly!

Lori said...

It was so good to run into you at the carnival - I ran across your blog and was delighted. I am so happy for you guys. I'm excited to see what you are up to. My blog is private but if you would like an invitation just email me your email address at lorirydalch@hotmail.com.

Alyse Burt said...

Hi Daytons! Please come stay with us over the Holidays sometime and we can go see the lights at Temple Square, go sledding (if there is snow) it would be a blast and we would LOVE to have you!

Carol said...

Jenna-I just found your blog through Courtney's. So good to see you and that you are doing good. We are so happy for you and the boys. You all look really good. I can't believe how grown up they are getting.

Congrats on your new sweetheart and your new life together. You really look happy. I'll see ya around the blogging world. I see that you already have a link to my blog so I'll be looking for you to come visit.
Carol

Shawn and Cami and Max and Annie said...

What fun!! I seem to remember that Abbie and I volunteered at a carnival in Sugar City one year. Am I right? I like your pictures on the wall. They remind me of you. Its excatly how you would do it. Perfect!!

Joanna Barrett said...

Oh Jenna!!! So happy you found my blog and left a note! Of course you can put me on your list, I'm honored :) and I'll be putting you on mine. I'm so happy for you and Tony!!! What a sweet and happy family you all make! You deserve your prince charming--so glad to know you found him.