Monday, April 5, 2010

Conference + Easter = Our Weekend!

Saturday: A little Pre-Conference preparation activity...
Food--check, couch cushions in front of computer for maximum comfort, check, conference packet, check check--ready to snack, snuggle, and get spiritual!!
Mid conference activity: Easter hunt!! Quick, cram in all the eggs I can before I'm stopped...who needs a bag (bags instead of baskets, works for me)? On to the backyard...
The spoils of our Easter war (it was raining so we worked HARD for our goods)

Back to conference we go...

We had a great weekend & were truly uplifted. This time I helped the boys write something down beforehand that they hoped to learn from conference & they were tons better about filling out their packets. Jaydon even said, "this was my best conference ever!"

Sunday we watched the little video about Christ on the Church's website, watched conference, I took a mini nap w/ babe while Tony & the boys microwaved mallows on a plate to see them blow up, ate, watched more conference, celebrated Easter with the favorite Tilapia dinner, and then...

Voila! My newest pride & joy (righteous pride, obviously)--our first, annual real 96-hr kit final assemblage & explanation took place last night. I know, you're probably thinking, "what took you so long?" and it's true, it only took me 8 years (the boys' age) to get these real bad-boys organized & in place. Previously all we had were the fake-ish-type kits with just enough calorie bar to take a nibble for breakfast, lunch & dinner & a first-aid kit that would only take care of a 1 inch scratch. But, no MORE! Tony smiled [mostly] indulgently as I explained why we might possibly need a rope, Sudoku puzzles, & bags in 3 sizes, etc. Tornado? Come & get us, we will grab the packs & make a break for it 110% prepared!

No comments: