Thursday, June 16, 2011

"Honey, I think maybe you should come home early...maybe?"

I sent my Mom & boys off to their cubscout Twilight Camp, ate/fed Ari cereal for dinner (NOTHING else sounded good!) & started realizing fully that my contractions were getting more intense (I had been having contractions all through the night & day but they were very irregular, not too intense & was also nauseous & feeling yucky). I wasn't thrilled thinking that I hadn't had a good night's rest & also, I was all alone! My Mom tried to tell me she didn't want to leave me, but I had insisted. So, at that point I called Tony even though I still wasn't totally sure it was the 'real' thing but he left immediately anyway. Then I called my Mom & she left to come home as well.

Me, breathing through a contraction while finishing up Rhett's first journal entry.



Within 30 minutes of Tony getting home (about 6pm) my contractions were five minutes apart & about 30 seconds long. I called the midwife a bit later & she said to come in when the contractions were 60 seconds long. About 30 min. after that, it was time to go! It seemed to all be happening so fast!

No comments: