Saturday, July 16, 2011

1 Month

This little dude is groooo...wing! Yesterday he weighed in at 11lbs, 4oz (birth weight: 7lbs, 4oz). That's what we call healthy!
-From day one he's been so alert. At his one week appt. he followed the doctor with his eyes. He also likes to stay awake for an hour to THREE hours at a time...are we in for it? Tony #2 here we come [I'm working on that & he's doing better--I don't want an overtired newborn just cuz he thinks everything around him is way more exciting than sleep]
-That said, his first week home was heaven...he slept 2, 4-hr blocks several nights in a row! Too bad that didn't last, but at least he sleeps at night in between his 2-3 hr feedings.
-He lifts his head way too proficiently for one this young (from about week 2).
-He does not love his baths.
-This is kid is the noisiest eater ever--but usually only at night. I don't get it, but it sounds like he's drowning!
-Ari is 110% obsessed with holding him & being another 'Mommy' (just like me when I was young in addition to her looking like my baby pics--is it weird that Tony & I produce mini versions of ourselves?). She has to hold him before, in between & after I nurse him & she even lifts up her shirt to show she means serious business. She slobber kisses him ALL the time, leaving lovely carrot or cracker chunks in his hair. Yum.
-Jyson says he's cuter than Ari was at this age :) & one time when he was holding him he sighed and said, "I wish this moment could last forever."

-And, he's been doing this since he was a week [call it gas, call it more evidence he's a Tony in- the-making, but I'll take it whichever it is!]. He's darling & we love him so much!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Haha look at that smile! I LOVE it.