Sunday, July 10, 2011

Dayton Firecrackers


Really, the most festive thing about our 4th was these outfits so I had to take a picture (Rhett's outfit was one the boys wore :) Tony has mega-homework these days (he's taking 2 classes in 6 weeks) so he did that while I mothered, then we went into town where Tony was a REAL sport & let me run in to 2 discount stores to get a couple T-shirts (half off for the 4th you know!), then we rented a movie, ate watermelon & did see a few fireworks in the parking lot (even some biggies across the field) as we went on a romantic walk to go get the laundry. Maybe next year we'll do a little more since Ari would probably love fireworks & Rhett won't be in 'newborn-phase.'

I did learn a little trivia that blew me away since I totally taught it wrong (via the S.S. curriculum books I was given) to my 5th graders. John Hancock allegedly wrote his name so large on the Declaration of Independence so King George would be able to see it without his spectacles. Not so. In reality, he was just the first one to sign it so he didn't know everyone else was going to end up writing their names so small. Also, the names were written at different times from August to November...none in the month of July, let alone on the 4th! Ah, well...
Happy birthday America (6 days late)!

No comments: