Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Bitter-Sweet

This is my Grammie (dad's Mom). She is one of those people in my life I'll be talking about for the rest of my life, she was that influential. She passed away the day before Thanksgiving after a relatively quick bout with liver cancer. I'm so grateful it wasn't long & drawn-out & we were able to say good-bye to her, but it was still so hard for me. True to her incredible family-dedicated self, she set aside some money so the 'far-away' grandkids could come for her funeral. I debated a ton about who was going to go, but in the end left Ari in Tony's capable hands (& some angels from the ward) & jumped on a plane with all three lil' boys to head to Utah/Idaho for a week. HERE is the tribute I wrote to/about her awhile back. I love her so much!
Buh-bye Daddy-o.
No matter how many times the boys have seen planes (& they've seen plenty since they've flown at least twice a year since they were 2) they still love looking at the jumbo jets take off & land.
And this is the outfit he pooped through on the plane while we were taking off--"No, sorry, Maam', you'll have to wait until we're at 10,000 feet before we can excuse you..." 
Hard to see because of the fog, but my aunt & uncle's house in Ogden is overlooking the whole valley & the boys enjoyed getting their wiggles out on the tramp with a 'new' cousin.
Uncle Jared definitely is one of the 'faves.'
Golden Corral...one of Grammie's favorite places to take all of us.

No comments: