Sunday, October 14, 2012

Food. I'm Addicted.

It's no secret. I love food. It's a frequent topic around these parts and I embrace that fact more with each meal I eat :) So much so, that I have to really make an effort to make good, healthy stuff cuz otherwise, I'd be wearing too much of it in not-so-pleasant places on my body.
 Stevia is my new experiment. I'm trying to grow it in a planter box on our deck so I could keep it close to me for watering purposes. However, it's not really meant to be in a box...it's supposed to get kind of bushy-looking and so far it looks like this with just a few extra branches off to the side. 
That's a bunch of yumness right there.
Food makes us happy
 And sometimes sad, depending on who you ask on what day at which meal...hee hee
 Our first Kale and collard greens batch for our green smoothies
 First big tomato, the boys were so proud.
 Our 'new' pear and plum mini tomatoes...our favorite!!
One of these is not quite like the others...
 Our meals look a lot like this lately (homemade bread, green smoothie, Asian salad)
 Since we had to leave our already-planted beets at our other house I had a friend offer us hers...there are some whoppers!
Exhibit A (that is all ONE beet!) No, not a human organ. Eww, you guys are sooo gross...
 My midnight snack.
 Cabbage head of awesome proportions!
Greek-style (yogurt) cheesecake with homemade graham crackers made into the graham cracker crust...CCK strikes again!!

No comments: