Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Day of Love

Dates are a rarity nowadays, but thanks to a new deal I have worked out with one of my piano students--can't accept money anymore (policy of the 'new' place, grrr), but they'll let me 'trade' so baby-sitter/dates are on the agenda once again! So, I figured this holiday was the perfect time to start & I surprised Tony by taking him to see "Tron" (we loved it) & going to eat at Applebee's (compliments of a Christmas gift card--thanks Debby!). And when we came home, the dishes were done & the kids were snoozing. Yes, I could definitely get used to this...

Then Tony super-surprised me with some of my favorite goodies (Kashi cookies, um, they're gone & Lindt dark chocolate) and....a paper shredder!! Really, he has me figured me out! He told me, "You're hard to shop for, I kept thinking, no, not that, not that, too expensive...until I saw the shredder, I knew you wanted it & it was cheap enough you wouldn't take it back!" I am so happy with my paper shredder. No more ripping up papers into bazillions of teensy pieces. Honey, I love you, you're the best!

The meal of red: spaghetti (Tony's #1 favorite), beets (the boys #1 favorite veggie), garlic cheesy bread (w/pretend red undertones), cherry-pomegrante juice & Stonyfield yogurt (my favorite & a rare visitor in our home). And see Ari squinting? That's her new 'cheese' look. Pretty adorable, though a bit frustrating when my friend was trying to take pictures of her modeling hair accessories for her small business...

Me trying to figure out the V-day gift of origami (I was a little wary when I bought them at the dollar store, but you just can't beat a buck!)

1 comment:

Teann said...

The paper shredder makes me laugh. I just bought one yesterday with some coupons I had for Staples. I got home and Kade said, "Why did you spend those rewards coupons on a paper shredder?!" Well, honey... :)

Glad you're getting settled in your new place. Now just smooth sailin' till a baby comes, right? :)