Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The move (playing catch-up with myself)

Moving around the corner sounds lovely, but my conclusion is that it's much harder than the 'traditional' move. I spent the week & half previous to the 'elder's quorum movers' coming over just taking load after load after load...you get the idea. My plan was to move one room at a time each day or two & it worked for the most part. So, the day arrives for the men to move the big stuff over (all the other boxes were completely out of the house) & then the pile in the garage to take to the storage unit. Around the corner, no boxes, an hour, right? Not so. 3 hours later we had a couple faithful dudes carrying the last load. So, I finally make a trip over to the 'new' place & this is what I see:

Lest you are unable to tell, the boys are on top of the kitchen table...that mess goes a few feet deep! You see, I didn't want to seal all the boxes just to unseal them almost immediately so once the furniture was shoved in we realized the problem with that--you can't stack open boxes very well, thus creating this lovely picture. Oh, baby, I was SO grateful for the two free meals offered to us for the next two nights (one of which was Sunday so we didn't do any unpacking, "Yeah, uh, where do we sit, Mom?)

Luckily, that mess provided great incentive to get unpacked & I'm ecstatic to (b)log that within two (working) days the majority of the house was under control. Ahhhh, order...Our favorite thing about this little townhouse is that it has a vaulted ceiling in the living room with a balcony/'playroom' making it seem like a bigger, more cohesive living space. Oh, yes, & the orange formica in the kitchen. That's my other fav'rite...

And this is those guys carrying that last load...hauling the trampoline through the field from one back yard to the other (too bad we found out later they wouldn't let us keep it up after all. Durn liability issues).

No comments: