Tuesday, February 8, 2011

New Year's and more awesomeness


Ari's favorite Uncle Devin (sorry other family, we all know it's true!)

Working with Nana to make infant hats for babies in other countries!

Great-Grandma & Grandpa Budge (my Mom's parents) & my sissy-poo, Sarin

My sister, Sarin introduced me to "Raw Foods" awhile back (the idea that food is at its highest nutritional value if you don't cook it! Yes, it's true & it's still delicious!) & so she made several of her favorites for the fam whilst we ate all the other junk (pictured below). This is a raspberry chocoloate delish-dish & it was SO good. Completely good for you made out of nuts, cacao, raspberries, & agave (the secret is in the food processor). Amazing (though you can't tell by my dark picture)!

And here we have New Year's Eve...with the very NON-good-for-you items...cheesy artichoke dip, guacamole, 7 layer dip, etc...it was an awesome night because we started prep work for the goodies & the power went out, for like an hour! So, my Dad being the Daniel Boone that he is fired up the wood-burning stove--complete with an oven--and we kept right on a going, cutting artichokes by candlelight! When the lights finally come back on three boys were very sad: Jaydon, Jyson, and...my Dad! We continued the festivities well into the New Year, me pretending I didn't have any children that would wake me up in just a few short hours. It was good ol' fun!

No comments: