Thursday, August 27, 2009

She IS a She!!!


"She's coming, I feel it right here..."

Ariana('ah-ree-ahn-a' :) Clapier Dayton has arrived at a healthy 7 lbs, 7 oz & 20 in. Look at all that lovely hair!

Sleeping--she's so good at it!

Layin out...

Happy Daddy, happy baby--look at those chub cheeks! We love her sooo much already!

Nana's newest pride and joy

She's here she's here! My doctor stripped my membranes yesterday (on my due date, my Mom having arrived late the night before) & within a couple hours I was having contractions 5 minutes apart. We rushed home to pick up the boys 40 minutes from the doctor's office, got them, rushed back & I was admitted to the hospital dilated to a 4. I had to have my IV started right away with Pencillin because I tested positive for the Strep B bacteria, but luckily she didn't come too soon (9 hours start to finish) so it allowed the antibiotics to do their job. I really wanted to see if I was tough enough to do it all naturally, but at a 7 I thought I was going to die & after waiting over an hour for the anesthesiologist (he had 3 C-sections in a row to do poor guy, & poor WOMEN) I was SURE I was going to die--but I didn't! I didn't get any pain meds that go to the baby, but I did get an epidural the last hour of labor that was pretty darn nice. I could feel my legs & feet just fine, but I also had an amazing "hot spot" where I could feel the intense contractions, just not all over my body so it was doable. Right as the epidural was kicking in the doctor checked me--I was a complete 10! I pushed 3 times and she was out! She did have some meconium, but all seems to be fine. She is a great nurser & seems so content & peaceful. I feel so blessed and giddy that our baby is here! I think Tony is still in shock (he watched the whole thing) :) The boys will be meeting her shortly...

21 comments:

Heather said...

Yay! Congrats on the new little girlie. What fun for your cute family to have a new addition. Hope all goes well with recovery and new babe.

Alyse Burt said...

Good job guys! She is beautiful, and I love her name. Thanks for posting so many pics for those of us who live way too far away! Don't forget to take care of yourself too Jenna! Although I know that is easier to say to other new mothers than to yourself :)

Shawn and Cami and Max and Annie said...

Congrats!! She's beautiful.

Joanna Barrett said...

Oh my gosh! She is perfect!!! And Jenna, who in the heck looks that good after going through labor--heck, ya even look good before! Congrats to the new big brothers, daddy, and beautiful mommy!

jamie t. said...

She is beautiful! Look at that beautiful hair. Congrats!

Each Life that Touches Ours for Good said...

Wow... she is a living doll! She looks so content and peaceful. What a blessing she will be to your family. Have fun with Nana and we can't wait to meet her ourselves!

Amy said...

Congratulations guys! She is such a beautiful gal, and what gorgeous hair - I love how you already have her in headbands. You haven't been waiting for a girl at all, have you?! heehee

Ashley said...

Congrats you two!! Jake gave me your blog address when I asked him if he knew if you had had your baby yet. Looks like I was just in time!!! She is adorable and I LOVE, LOVE her hair.

Brittany said...

Yay! Congratulations-she's beautiful!

Teann said...

Congrats, Congrats!! I'm glad your mom was able to make it. It's not fun to be so far from family, but it will be a great experience in Indiana, I'm sure. Did you know that's where Kade served his mission? Anyway, you rest up and keep snuggling that little sweetheart!! Tell your mom "hi" for us if you get a chance.

tiedyeparadise said...

She is so adorable--it looks like she's smiling in one of the photos! I love her name, it's so elegant, like a princess name. She looks so happy! You'll be a good mommy!

I love you guys! :D

-Emma B.

Stafford said...

WONDERFUL! I am so glad to hear things went well, we miss you! Congrats to you all, enjoy that little girl.

Rachel said...

congrats! she is a beauty! wish you were closer but so glad she is here safe and sound.

Candria said...

Wow! What a beautiful baby! Congrats! Hope you're feeling o.k.! I'm totally jealous of all the hair, my babies are as bald as can be!

Kristy Fleming said...

Congrats you 2 love birds. She's a cuttie. I still find it hard to picture Tony with a tony-lett. Have fun changing those diapers! :) P.S. Jenna, tony loves it when you throw the smelly ones at his face - wierd I know.

The Stangers said...

Congratulations! We are so happy for you all. We are now expecting a baby of our own, so I am starting to have a lot of empathy for you, Jenna! Thank you for being such great neighbors and we wish you all the best.

The Stangers said...

Congratulations! We are so happy for you all. We are now expecting a baby of our own, so I am starting to have a lot of empathy for you, Jenna! Thank you for being such great neighbors and we wish you all the best.

Ashley Robinson said...

That is soo awesome! she is beautiful! congrats! I miss your RS lessons! hope all is well! keep in touch! our blog is mitchnash.blogspot.com

Allison said...

Congrats Jenna!!
She is adorable - and you did a great job!
Don't you LOVE those epidurals?! :)

Melanie said...

Congratulations Daytons!Ariana is beautiful and I love the name. I am so thrilled for you. You deserve all the happiness in the world!

LuAnn said...

Congratulations on the new baby. Put the news in the Stonebridge bulletin. Glad all is well and that you are doing fine. Miss you in the ward but I am sure your new ward is loving you. LuAnn Webster